Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Fire Department at the library

I love summer field trips and taking advantage of all the great activities the library has to offer.  However, these activities can be totally hit or miss.  The fire department visiting the library was a total hit!  We met my mom and the Souders kids there on another gloomy KC day.
 First the firemen talked to the kids and answered questions.  Can you spot our three?  We kept the babies corralled in the back corner.
 Then we went outside.  They had 2 trucks and talked to the kids about them...I think...I was chasing Piper.  We couldn't believe how high this ladder went up!


 While we were outside, they set up a library room with all sorts of fire department activities.  I loved this one for Coop. 
 They wrote thank you letters to the firefighters.  They had puzzles, a firetruck tent, firemen costumes, puppets and of course, books to read.
In my kids' mind, the perfect way to wrap up our morning is with lunch at Chick-Fil-A and Landree agrees!  

No comments:

Post a Comment