Thursday, June 4, 2015

A few days with 1 kid

When Joyce first mentioned taking the kids back to Washington with her, she asked if I thought the kids would be okay with it.  I told her the kids would love it and be great, but what was I supposed to do with myself???  Well, it turns out I managed just fine ;).  Not only did I manage, I got more done around the house in those 3 days than the last year!
 We organized everyone's closets.  She loved sitting in Cooper's Spiderman chair!
 The first night (Adam happened to be out of town too), my sister texted me, "Are you all cozy in bed watching trashy tv?"  I sent her this picture, it says it all.
 People asked if Piper was missing the kids...not at all.  She happily played with everyone's toys especially all the baby stuff without being bothered once!  She never looked for the kids or seemed to be missing anything.  She was all smiles to have Adam and I's attention all on her! 
 She LOVES the golf cart so the 3 of us took a ride one night!
 Her and I had a few meals together at the little table and I discovered she knows how to use a fork! 
 She was so proud of herself!

On Friday we hopped in the car to spend Memorial Weekend in Wash, MO and most importantly see our 2 big kids!!!!!!!!!  Piper slept almost the whole car ride!  What??  I guess it helps that her chatty siblings weren't along talking/arguing/demanding things the whole time.  We were getting off the exit and knew she would wake up so we decided to entertain ourselves :).  Piper will wake up from a dead sleep if one of her favorite songs comes on the radio.  So I crawled to the back, got my phone ready and then turned on (loud) one of her favorite songs.  You have to see her reaction here.

Then when I was in the back, I asked her about going to see Cooper and Laney, see her reaction here.

No comments:

Post a Comment