Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring Break 2015

We kicked off Spring Break with lots of fun over the weekend!  Basketball, friends, family, great weather...what else do you need!?

Also-read this article yesterday on today.com, written by Jen Haymaker.  It totally grabbed my attention (my brain often feels like mush) and is just so, so good!   Do yourself a favor and read it here.

 Breakfast for lunch on the deck!  I highly promote outdoor meals when the weather cooperates for my messy children ;).
 Friday morning we picked up Cash and headed out to a new park in Shawnee.  The kids had a blast!
 She insisted on getting in the baby swing like her sister.
 It had a bunch of these cute little houses that the kids loved running in and out of.
 Gunner and Landree met us there!  These 2 are so funny together.
 Sweet Landree!
 The little kids loved the twirly slide.  I took Piper down once and that's all she wanted to do, so she and I went down that slide many, many times.
 The big boys were all over the place, making friends and playing tag.
 Saturday morning we kept Henley for a couple hours.  It was snacktime for the girls, cheese sticks all around!
 Cash was giving Coop some math lessons.  We had friends over Saturday night to watch the Big 12 Championship game and I don't have 1 picture...probably because the game was so terrible, I was busy moping. :(
During naps on Sunday, Adam cleaned out the garage (yikes, much needed!) and I worked on a couple of painting projects for Pippi's room.  I painted that red table a kelly green...don't have a pic of the final product.
I painted this mirror the same color.  We have been in this house over a year and Piper's room is finally getting some decor on the walls.  The big kids' rooms still resemble a hospital room...a bed and blank walls.  Someone come decorate their rooms for me!!!!!
 Selection Sunday...one of my favorite days of the year!!!!!!!!
We spent all weekend on the patio...it's all finished!  I need to do a post on the finished product, we are so happy how it turned out and have spent lots of hours out there already.  Sunday night, Adam and I put the kids to bed and watched Bracketology outside.  A perfect ending to a pretty perfect (remember KU lost) weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment