Friday, March 20, 2015

10 Year Anniversary Trip!

Well, we celebrated a few months early because a trip to the beach in February sounded much more appealing than a trip to the beach in June ;).  We have talked since before our 9 year anniversary that we wanted to take a trip for our 10 year and had big, big ideas in our mind.  Then you realize you have 3 little kids and a two week trip to Europe or Australia or the Maldives isn't as realistic as you want it to be ;).  And that's ok!  We couldn't decide where to go and my aunt Trish recommended her travel agent which was brilliant!!  Instead of me staying up until wee hours of the morning researching places, it was in the hands of a professional.  We told her our budget, that we would love a beach for a 4-5 day trip and we wanted to go in the next 2-3 weeks...we decided we needed out of the snow ASAP!  Within a couple days we had a trip booked to The Royal resort in Playa del Carmen, leaving in 2 weeks.  Again, Adam's traveling came in handy as we booked our flights using points -wootwoot!!!
 My mom and dad were keeping the kids most of the time we were gone and Mamaw Jones came in on Friday to keep them for the weekend.  We are so blessed with parents that happily take on our crew for days at a time...they are a busy bunch!  We were so so excited on the plane ride - couldn't wait for sunshine, drinks and a beach!
 Resort was beautiful!

Work was never too far away.
I have a weak stomach and probably not a good idea for me to eat really healthy 2 weeks before and then go to Mexico (nothing healthy!).  Our first full day we headed to a pharmacy for some Prilosec, my stomach wasn't agreeing with much.
Each afternoon the pool boys/girls circled around on their cart with sno-cones, ice cream, etc.  Our pool was fun...there were always games, music, activities.
Loved getting pics from back home :).
 We have our arms around each other like we just met, lol.

Unfortunately that Prilosec didn't quite cut it.  I am not sure what I had...a stomach virus or Mexico bug but it got a bit worse everyday.  I was able to hit up the pool most of the day and go to dinner each night but after that I was toast.  It was back to bed for me.  Thankfully we made friends at the pool so Adam was able to hang out with them at the bar at night.  
 Every night at 9:45 there was a show in the lobby...unfortunately, I was always in bed by that time and never saw a show.  Adam said it was pretty incredible and brought a packed house.

Water aerobics every morning - but not for me-instead I read books.  I read two of Liane Moriarty's books...What Alice Forgot and My Husband's Secret.  I couldn't recommend them more, so good!!
This is basically what I lived on.  I haven't really drank Coke since last summer but it was all that sounded good-could barely drink water.  That being said, all the restaurants at the resort were excellent-we didn't even make it to a couple of them.
I had plans to walk the beach every morning but being sick kept that from happening. I was good to make it out the pool before 10am.  We took one walk on the beach from lunch back to the pool.  The beach was beautiful but we hung out by the pool instead...closer to the bar ;).
I mentioned that there were always fun games poolside.  Our last full day there we had seats up front...only because Adam got up at 6am to go save them!  Well, one of the pool boys (I am sure they have a much more sophisticated title than that!) pulled Adam up to participate.  
It was a timed competition.  They had to do 5 pushups, swim across the pool-hop out and do 3 fitness poses, swim to the other side of the pool and dive for rings, then swim back to beginning.
The finishing kicker was a shot of Tequila.  
Did he win??  Of course he did!
And he got this awesome t-shirt...not so awesome.  We were hoping for dinner on the beach...not so much.  
We had to watch this game on our phones, blah.
One last night out and the only time I fixed my hair the whole trip...gotta love vacation.  
Nothing like a cat at your feet during dinner!
We loved our location-our resort walked right out onto 5th avenue.  Their main downtown area filled with restaurants, shops and a random Mexican that tried to sell us drugs...no thanks.  
Despite feeling like crap- I did my best to make the most of the vacation.  It was pretty perfect - lots of sleep and sunshine and reading and catching up with Adam uninterrupted.  10 years has been really good to us!








No comments:

Post a Comment