Thursday, November 6, 2014

The ROYALS are in the World Series!!!!!!!

I started this post over 2 weeks ago and then I fell asleep.  And now I am wishing I hadn't because there isn't the same excitement posting about it now…especially since we lost :(.

The month of October was all about baseball, Royals baseball!  I first posted about all the post season excitement here, http://adamashleyjones.blogspot.com/2014/10/lets-hear-it-for-your-kansas-city-royals.html.  I am not going to lie and tell you I was a Royals fan all season or even watched a whole game but they sure lured me in this last month, along with the rest of the city.  Everywhere you went people were wearing blue and talking about the Royals.    It was just so.much.fun!  The day after they won the wildcard game I was at Kansas Sampler waiting for them to open (along with about 15 other people) to get Cooper his first Royals shirt.  It was for sure his most worn shirt of the month!  
We loved watching the games and learning all the players.  Many nights we put the girls to bed and Cooper stayed up late to watch the games.  He was so into all of it.  It was so fun to teach him more about the game and see his excitement.  In fact, he is one reason that the playoffs and world series were so fun to watch.  A couple games he fell asleep before they were over and the first words out of his mouth the following morning would be…Did the Royals win?!
**I have already posted some of these pics but now I want them all in one post :)**

 The night the Royals won the ALCS to go to the World Series, I had a Stella & Dot show so my parents were over with the kids.  Grandpa brought Coop this pic of Billy Butler to hang in his room.
 Grandpa helped Cooper write a note to the Royals for the World Series.  And yes, I mailed it.  

We met one of Cooper's preschool friends for lunch at Chick-Fil-A.  She brought him this cupcake because she knew he loved the Royals…that's what she told her mom at cupcake store ;).
 There has been hours of baseball played in our house over the last month.  He has always liked playing tee ball but this took it to a brand new level.  It's all day, every day.
This night he was being Alex Gordon catching balls in the outfield.  And obviously it was time for bed - hello Laney.
 I had been telling Adam that I really wanted my dad to get to go to a World Series game.  He and my mom were at game 7 of the 1985 world series.  He's such a big Royals fan and sports fan in general.  Well, on Monday afternoon Adam had gotten 2 tickets for game 6.  We decided to send my parents since they had just kept our kids while we were in Napa and for everything else they do for us.  My mom insisted that I go, said she wouldn't appreciate it like I would.  So I did and I appreciated every second of it - even taking pics before we arrived :).
 Our stadium may be in the middle of nowhere but it is so pretty!
 I can't say that the World Series was on my bucket list but I am so grateful and happy to have gone.  It was an awesome night!

 It's not a sporting event with my dad until he brings out the binoculars!
 Homerun!  The game was so fun because the Royals were on FIRE and we had to win to get to game 7.

10-0, Royals win!
Thanks to Adam for getting the two tickets and not once questioning that I go to the game instead of him.  He and the kids were cheering at home.  
We let him stay up for all of game 7.  He was bummed but took it in stride.  It was late and I made him promise me he was going to be happy and get up right away when I woke him for school the next morning. (he's not a morning person and it's a struggle every stinkin' day!)  I said, "show me how you are going to wake up so I have a picture to show you if you aren't happy in the morning."  This is what I got.  Even though we didn't win the world series, I think this picture sums up our feelings on the Royals in October!  It was a fun one…but let's all be honest, the real fun starts now.  It's college basketball season.


No comments:

Post a Comment