Saturday, November 29, 2014

San Francisco - Surprise 60th Trip!

These vacation posts are so overdue but I have been totally overwhelmed by the amount of pictures and how to organize them!

Adam's family (minus Joyce) has been planning a surprise trip for her 60th birthday for over a year and a half…that's a long time to keep a secret!  Somehow we managed to pull it off.  We didn't tell her she was going on a trip until about 4 days before and even then she didn't know where she was going or who was going with her.  The morning of the trip, the McCormacks and Zicks surprised her by showing up for car ride to the airport.  So fun!  They told her the boys couldn't make it work…they are easy to throw under the bus ;).  
Well, the next morning Adam and I were on a plane to San Fran!  We kept up with their itinerary by texting the girls.  We hid out in an ice cream shop and totally surprised Joyce, it was awesome!

 On the plane!  Kid free for the next 5 days - HUGE thanks to my family for taking such awesome care of my kiddos while we were gone.  
 I love the streets of San Francisco.
The moment of the surprise!
 Talk about crazy timing…I was at a bar in San Francisco watching my KC Royals play the SF Giants in the World Series!  I met my sorority sister and good friend for happy hour - so fun to see her in her city!
 We went out for Mexican and to watch world series game.
Fireball!
 Little did she know there were a couple big surprises left in the trip!
It was a fun first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment