Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Goodbyes - kids last days in Texas

I hate goodbyes and really thought we would have more time to hit up our favorite spots one last time and knock a few more items off our Texas bucket list.  But the house sold so fast and the next few weeks were like living in a tornado.  So we didn't do everything I wanted to but I did sneak in a few simple things.
 One day this boy skipped nap so we went on a walk while Dad stayed home with the girls.  I told him that when we moved into this house he was our only kid, he couldn't believe it!  
 One last walk around the block that we have walked hundreds of times.  This is where Cooper learned how to ride his bike, where we lost (and found) Lola twice thanks to good samaritans, and Laney strolled her babies just like I used to stroll her.  
Love, love, love this sweet boy of mine!
 We came to Texas as a family of 3 1/2 (Laney Faith was a bun in my oven) and left as a family of 5!  It was a busy 3 years.  We made the best memories in this home, the best being bringing home our 2 girls here.  
Yep, this home was really good to us which made it hard to say goodbye!
The real craziness began on the Sunday before we were moving (that following Wednesday).  Adam packed up a load including 2 of our most prized possessions and headed to KC.  He was going to do our final walk thru at the new house and flying out from there for a meeting in Miami.  The kids tagged along to stay at Grandma and Grandpas so that I could finish packing.  I quickly realized it was going to be next to impossible to do with these 2 unpacking just about the same pace I was packing.  So they left on Sunday morning and I had 3 whole days to pack up the rest of the house with just Piper.  Did you hear that???  3 whole days to myself with just my baby!  Yes, I had so much to do and was totally overwhelmed but it was so awesome!  And I am so thankful for my parents taking on these 2 kids for several days -they aren't exactly easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment