Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Adios Texas!

Ok- promise this is my last 'goodbye Texas' post!

I can't believe I almost forgot to post this!  Our last couple weeks in Texas we had many final dinners/playdates with good friends.  This night was with the Fimmen family!  When we moved here Matt was younger than Lucy and I only had Cooper!  Cooper has adored these kids since day 1 - he has had some of his biggest tantrums leaving the Fimmens' house!  I can't blame the kid, they are great people and their house is always full of fun, we sure are going to miss them! 
The week of our move the weather finally took a turn for the better…it was a long, cold winter in Texas!  You can only spend so many hours packing boxes with an infant before you just have to get out of the house.  So me and my little lady hit Southlake Town Square for one last shopping trip at our favorite place in the 70 degree weather.
This was the day before we moved.  I was beginning to wonder what we were thinking, especially since KC was forecasted for snow in just a few days!
Moving Day!  We packed everything up and then had movers come and transport it all into the moving truck that Adam would be driving.  
This was our upstairs bonus room/toy room.  This is what was left after all the furniture was gone.  This just cracks me up because it is soooo us to always have stuff under the furniture and I found a few toy parts we have been missing for a loooong time!
After a tearful goodbye to our old home, we hit the road around 3pm on Wednesday, February 20.  Piper, Lola and I were in my car and Adam drove this beast!  It was originally just to be the UHaul truck and then halfway thru the packing process - we realized we would definitely need more room!  A huge shoutout to Adam for having the ability to drive this ride!  Besides Piper projectile vomiting on me at a stop to feed her (gotta love being soaked in baby puke the first hour of a 8 hour drive!), the drive was pretty uneventful and we got back to my parents around 12:30-1am.

We were closing on our new KC home the next morning at 9am!








No comments:

Post a Comment