Monday, March 12, 2012

no more nursing, hello formula!

You know what this means...
yep, Laney is on formula full time and she is not exactly loving it.  I slowly transitioned her by mixing pumped milk and formula into a bottle which she would take fine.  Obviously that had to stop at some point and for the first couple weeks of straight formula, she was only taking on average about 4 oz a feeding and that is probably a generous average.  Right at 6 months, I was just nursing her in the morning and night and I swear she waited for these times to eat!  I haven't nursed for 2 weeks now and she is slowly starting to eat a little more, probably averaging 6 oz a bottle. She is still taking 5 bottles a day with cereal/banana in morning and vegetables at night.  In fact, at her 6 month check up, her weight had dipped down on her progression chart-told Doc I knew exactly why-she wasn't getting enough formula throughout the day!  So, we head back to Doc at end of month for a weight check, I am not the least bit worried though, this baby girl doesn't look like she is missing any meals!  

We are loving that Adam's company is part owned by Nestle-which means we get formula at a discounted price-hence the bulk buy-however, I don't think it will last as long as I thought, forgot how fast you go through this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment