Saturday, March 10, 2012

Flat Stanley/A Trip to the Stockyards

Are you familiar with Flat Stanley?  If not, click here to read all about it.  In my former days as a teacher, this was one of my favorite projects to do with my students-nothing like real life experiences to teach skills!  Well, I was lucky enough to be chosen by my cousin Will to receive his very own Flat Stanley.  I decided he needed to do something "Texas" and what better way than to hit up the Stockyards!  We invited the Fimmens to join us on this beautiful Texas morning!

 Flat Stanley got to ride on a horse with a real cowboy and 
 sit with the big kids in the rodeo coliseum!
 Think they were having fun?
 Isn't a candy store every kid's dream?  These kids were over the moon!  They walked all around the store and asked lots of questions about the candy before picking the one thing they wanted.  I managed to steer Cooper away from a ridiculously large gummy bear, milk duds (wasn't sure if he could chew them), and bubble gum to a much safer and inexpensive pick of Sixlets!  
Everyday, twice a day, there is a cattle drive down main street.  
Such a big girl riding in the stroller this way and not in her carseat!  As always, she was along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment