Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mom's Night Out=Dad's Night In

For Valentine's Day, Adam gave me the absolute, most perfect fitting gift for this stage of my life...a day/night at the Southlake Hilton-all by myself!!  You see, he was out of town most of January and February, including many weekends.  I was lucky enough to have family visit and get out of town to visit family, but still there was a lot of single momma work going on with not much alone time and sick kids on top of it :).  I should mention that I adore alone time and I think Adam could sense I needed to get away, even if just for 24 hours!  I am sure this sounds ridiculous to some of you and it's not that I don't 100% love that I get to stay home with my kids, but man, a 2 1/2 year old and 6 month old can really drain your energy!  And yes, I would love a night away with my husband too, but I was really looking forward to doing whatever I wanted for 24 straight hours...and I did!!!!!!  I did lots of shopping for myself and kids, got a massage at the hotel spa (adam had booked this), got dessert in the middle of the day (and didn't share it:)), read my book, watched E! while getting ready, then I was lucky enough to have my friend Carolyn meet me for dinner/drinks/watch KU game...it was pretty awesome!  While we dined, sipped drinks, and didn't cut up food for any little ones, our hubbys were in charge!  They had pizza and watched some college basketball while supervising these 5 fun kids!

Don't you love all that Jayhawk blue!

ps-i slept in until 10:30 and ate breakfast in bed, while watching E! news :)  Thank you Adam, it really was the most perfect gift ever...feel free to repeat next year!

pps-If you are looking for fun, unique Kansas artwork, check out this store on Etsy.  Use the code REFER10 to get 10% off!  Let me know if you order something-I love my Rock Chalk print!

2 comments:

  1. great blog entry! i'm going to be giving "big" hints to my hubby to give this to me for mother's day ( a day off of being a mother = how ironic ) so hopefully we can do this again in may!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea ... you totally deserved it! :)

    ReplyDelete