Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Laney's 1st airplane rides!

We took a visit to Kansas last week, Adam has been traveling like crazy and I had a girls night planned in Lawrence!  I had found great plane ticket prices-so we took to the sky instead of I-35.  Overall the kids were really good, especially considering we had to sit on runway for 45 minutes due to lightening in the area.  On the flight there, Laney slept going up and cried a little bit going down.  Cooper wasn't loving it going up-his words, "I don't like this plane Mom, let's get a new one" and he wasn't exactly quiet about it.  He slept during the landing, had to wake him up to get off plane.  When we got off the plane-I asked my mom if I looked exhausted, because I was!  The kids were good, but the fact I was carrying Laney in the Baby Bjorn on my front with my diaper bag across body, backpack on, carrying Coop's backpack 1/2 the time, wrangling a toddler, and just trying to keep them busy/happy as not to disturb any other passengers was flat out tiring!
The flight home was better.  We got to the airport just in time to check in and walk on the plane since Laney had an up the back poopy diaper I had to clean/change when we parked at KCI, but better in the car than on the plane!  This time both kids slept almost the whole time and were very easygoing! 
Here are a couple pics from my phone, pretty poor quality-but there was no way I could whip out the big camera!
He's a pro
Yay Laney, I am sure this is the first of many flights for you baby girl...at least until you are 2 and we have to buy another ticket :).

No comments:

Post a Comment