Wednesday, December 4, 2013

37 Weeks

I am actually 38 weeks this week, but who's counting?  Oh wait, I am totally counting, 38 weeks and 2 days to be exact!

We were lucky enough to have an ultrasound last week to check on baby's size.  We were so excited to catch a peek at this baby but it was being stubborn.  It kept its face turned towards my back so all we could see was some hair floating around the head.  But the important thing is everything looked great, head down and weighing in at 6 lbs 12 oz.  Doc said it will be smaller than my other 2 babies (Cooper 8.5 and Laney Faith 9.4).  In fact he said he doesn't think it will top 8 lbs (i just laughed) then he measured my belly and changed his mind saying it could be an 8 pounder.  I will say it doesn't feel as heavy as Laney did to carry around but I will be shocked if it was under 8 lbs.  

At the risk of too much info, not dilated but cervix is thinning.  This week (38) I was dilated to a 1.

Baby is moving around lots, definitely can feel feet.  It has always favored my right side, curled head down and feet up around ribs.  I can't remember Coop's placement but this baby is definitely lower than Laney or at least not as long as her (23 inches!).  I fought Laney every night from this point to keep her feet out of my ribcage. 

Blood platelets at 37 weeks were 109,000 and this 38th week they were 130,000.  Goal is to be above 100,000 on delivery day or no epidural…yikes!

I am giant and feeling it, the end.

You can get my fab scarf here.

No comments:

Post a Comment