Monday, April 9, 2012

And then there were 4, then 2

I posted that we were headed to New Orleans for the Final Four.  Well, we hit the road Friday afternoon a couple weeks ago with our good friends and fellow KU alumna-Jeff and Amanda.  We returned 2 nights later after an incredible 48 hours!  Unfortunately we couldn't stay for the championship game because Adam had to be out of town for work :(.  A short recap of our trip in pics...

 After a crazy first night on Bourbon Street, our first stop Saturday was the SuperDome.
 It was a beautiful day in the south-perfect day for a Jayhawk victory!  To say we were excited to be there would be quite the understatement!
 Enough said!
 Bourbon Street in the daylight hours :)
 We prepped with a pre-game pep rally with all the Jayhawk family-an amazing video and music from the band.
 I have the perfect spot in our house for this poster, who can hook me up with this?
 Our original seats, yikes!  The players were like ants.
 We upgraded seats! The beauty of being the 2nd game.
 There are no words to express how happy and amazed I was to be here!
 Right after the victory, incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was jumping around like I had just won the lottery!
Seriously, we were/are so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After this, we headed to Bourbon Street for another night of celebration!

I went from watching the semi-final game with 73,000 of my closest friends to watching the final game alone.  Yep, Adam was out of town and my kids were asleep...probably best that way :).  I love Coach Self's comment about the game, "I don't think we lost, we just ran out of time."  As always, I agree with you Uncle Bill.  This season was so fun and I couldn't be more proud of this team and how far they came.  If you would have told me back in November, we were this close to beating the #1 and ridiculously stacked Kentucky Wildcats I would have laughed.  

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!  We will miss you T-Rob and D. Manning!!!!!!!!!!!!  But can't wait for KU basketball 2012!

How could I forget to thank our weekend babysitter who made this trip possible??  We flew Grandma down for the weekend, it was so comforting to know our kids were with someone who loved them as much as we do.  Pretty sure they had as much fun as we did!  Thanks Grandma, we love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment