Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just a phase, right??

We are in the middle of a hitting phase and I don't like it one bit.  I realize it's just a phase, but I am ready for it to be over.  Cooper for the most part is such a sweet boy that loves to cuddle and play, but put him around someone his age and watch me hover over him.  There is no rhyme or reason to his hitting, sometimes it seems to be his way of saying 'hi,' a lot of times it's over sharing toys and sometimes I just don't know why.  For the most part he his fine with babies and older kids, just those that are close to him in age/size and usually are his friends.  For now, we are redirecting his behavior, telling him no, talking about hitting a lot, and using timeout.  He knows he's not supposed to...tells me "no hitting mom, nice, high fives."  Who's got the perfect answer for me???

No comments:

Post a Comment