Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Iced in

Coldest temperatures in 15 years tonight, hello, this isn't the Texas weather I love!  Yes, we have officially been "iced in" all day!  The city is totally not used to it and everything is shut down!  Many places have ran out of salt because they aren't used to it.  In fact, our apartment complex has not been salted/cleared at all.  There is a thick sheet of ice covering it all!  So glad I decided to go to the grocery store yesterday!!  We didn't even change out of our pajamas today!  Thank goodness my mom is here visiting, Adam is out of town.  It was nice to have company other than Cooper and Lola. ;)  Here is the view from our apartment door, didn't go much farther than this today.  I know many of you midwesterners have it much, much worse than us here, you have my sympathies as I won't be digging my car out of snow.

2 comments:

  1. That looks enjoyable! I just went out & the snow came up to my knees & over Minnie's head :(
    Stay warm!
    P.S. I'm still in my jammies, too. Am I required to put on fresh jammies for tonight? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, funny you said that about pjs, talked myself into changing into new ones ;)

    ReplyDelete