Thursday, February 24, 2011

First Plane Ride!

In Keller, we are just a short drive to DFW airport, meaning there are lots of planes to be spotted.  Not sure what sparked his interest, but Cooper l-o-v-e-s spotting a plane in the sky...'pane' as he calls it.  Even just hearing the sound of the jets, he stops what he is doing and says, 'pane!'

Needless to say the first plane ride was a huge success!  I did it solo to KC with Coop.  We went up to visit for the week before the Peppes wedding.  I really wasn't nervous one bit, though I probably should have been, 18 month baby sharing a seat with mom for over an hour...not a good combo!

From the moment we took our window seat, he was spotting 'panes' right and left.  He was oohing and aahing during take-off, looking around to others like, "Can you believe this?!"  He sat totally content on my lap (even when I couldn't get Toy Story to play on the computer) and slept on my shoulder the last 30 minutes, I had to wake him up at the gate!!!  It really was flawless and we sat next to a sweet Grandpa that was willing to help in any way.

I had visions of getting pics of him at the airport and on the airplane, however, my hands were full.  And, trying to take a pic when you are 3 inches from each other isn't easy.  My Mac took this one, love photobooth!  Definitely not good quality, but captured his expression and his love for the window shades...up and down, up and down.

On our trip home, Dad was with us, so it was easy and we were able to take a couple shots.  Here he is, nose pressed against the window.
While waiting for our luggage, all Coopie wanted to do was roll Dad's bag up and down the halls.

No comments:

Post a Comment