Monday, July 23, 2012

Overland Park Gems

From the lake, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a long visit.  Dad was going to be out of town most of the next 2 weeks, I had a couple trips planned, so it was perfect timing.  Who needs to be home during the summer anyway, ha!

We made our first visit to the Overland Park Arboretum.  I can't believe we hadn't made our way there before, I have heard great things about it and we drive past everytime we visit the Jones' cousins.  It was a sunny and hot morning, so we didn't hang out too long.  We mainly went to see the train setup and stopped a few spots in between.
 Laney Faith was along for the ride and kept entertained by my water bottle most of the time.
 Of course we had to stop and play with the trucks.
 Here's what we came to see.  Trains run on those tracks you see, Coop thought it was pretty darn amazing.
 Navigating the train with Grandma.



My absolute favorite place to take the kids in Kansas is Deanna Rose petting zoo.   I know I have posted about it a million times, but this place seems new everytime because the kids are at different stages.
 Laney really noticed the animals (or the big ones anyway) this time.  Um, how cute is she in that pink bow!!???
 Cousin Will joined us for the field trip.  These 2 make quite the pair.
loved these sunning turtles.
Each trip he gets more brave, really loved feeding the goats this time.
This was the biggest change...he went down the slide!  Each time we talk about it, but he has zero interest.  I think Will was the main factor in this step.
I remember going down this slide as a kid...actually, it is probably been updated since then :).
Grandma and Doodles!  It was another hot one in KC, poor Doodles was sweating her thigh rolls off in that stroller!


1 comment: