Thursday, March 25, 2010

March Sadness

In this house, March Madness is one of our favorite times of the year.  Every year we fill out brackets and of course Kansas is the National Champion in mine EVERY year, no matter our seed.  However, this year it seemed like a no-brainer, more on that later...  I must say the first Thursday and Friday of the tournament was AWESOME, a total highlight of my time being a stay at home mom.  If my parenting was judged on those two days, it wouldn't have been good.  The picture above is how we spent most of the two days.  You'll notice I did turn Coop away from the TV, however he often turned himself around the watch the games...who could blame him?  Saturday is when it turned sour, still not sure I can talk about it, I mean Northern Iowa, seriously?? And the year the Sweet Sixteen is in STL, my current city???  And I am not working, Cooper and I could have spent the day stalking the team in downtown and watching practice, instead I cleaned my kitchen.  March Madness turned into March Sadness.  But Sunday morning when I woke up (first thing I asked Adam,  "Please tell me it was a bad dream?")  and went to Coop's room to see this, how could I not smile?  And to make it even better Missouri lost that day too. :)


2 comments:

  1. You better trademark "March Sadness". I was feeling it, too!
    P.S. My school was a sea of purple today. I had to vomit a little bit. Yet, here I sit, cheering them on in double overtime!

    ReplyDelete