Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cooper's Room Updated

These letters were a gracious gift from Lea Costa, a secretary at my school in Texas.  She has her own business, A Cherished Child, check it out at http://www.acherishedchild.com/.  As you can see she is super talented!!  I simply gave her Cooper's bedding and she matched it perfectly!  I love, love, love these letters and so does Cooper.  Every time I go in to get Coop up from bed, he is turned looking up at the letters. Thanks Lea, you are the best, wish I had a fraction of your talent!!! 

These bookshelves were inspired by the first grade teachers at my school in Texas.  As you can see, I worked with fabulous people, miss those ladies!  The shelves are simply vinyl rain gutters from Lowes.  I googled rain gutter bookshelves and found a tutorial for them at http://raisingolives.com/2009/07/raingutter-book-shelves-tutorial/.  It was very simple and walked you through each step.  My Dad and Adam put them up tonight with minor cussing :).  I absolutely LOVE them!   The idea is to get kids to 'see' their books because in regular bookshelves, they only see the spine.  Obviously Cooper isn't quite there yet, but before these shelves, the books were just scattered on the floor.  Adam said in two years, he will probably be throwing the books out to climb them...only time will tell.  I recommend these to everyone!

The frame above the chair rail was a gift from Emersyn's mom, the girls of Ambiance.  She owns a super cute boutique south of Overland Park in Stilwell.  They carry baby stuff, women's clothes, jewelry and home decor.  This specific frame makes a great wedding/baby gift, you can personalize the color and quote.  Check it out at http://www.shopambiance.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Some blog I read had rain gutter shelves running along entire walls ... it looked so cool! I almost wish I could do this in my classroom! I also loved the scalloped chair rail. His room is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY LOVE the gutter shelves Ash!!! Rob is quite impressed as well :) Looks like we Stilley's have another project to get under our belt! The room looks great :)

    ReplyDelete