Monday, March 1, 2010

First Food...Carrots, Yum!!!


The dinner line-up, carrots and water in a sippy cup (more for entertainment)


Sippy cup is more of a toy than something to drink out of for now



Loving the carrots

If you look closely, you can see he gnaws on his highchair...part of the teething


Cooper had his first taste of food this past weekend at 6 and 1/2 months. I had been putting it off, mainly because I felt he was getting what he needed from formula/cereal and I wasn't ready to 'go there.' We began with carrots, my favorite vegetable, as many of you know. :) I am planning on making Coop's baby food and got an awesome book, recommended by a few people. It has a great layout for introducing foods and shows just how easy it is. All I did was put carrots in my steamer and then puree them in the blender. They tasted delicious! Coop didn't really question it, gagged a few times but other than that he ate the carrots with no problems. Sweet potatoes, apples, and pears are a few of the foods that are next in line for the little man! Can't believe our baby is growing up so fast!!!

Working on video...not cooperating right now :(



3 comments:

  1. He's such a big boy! I hope he isn't walking & running around before I get to meet him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Bets, we must get together soon!!! Hope all is well, my blog is a success thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last picture in this section looks like he wants MORE!! -Maggie

    ReplyDelete