Monday, February 10, 2014

A cold Texas winter

This winter has been unusually cold for Texas-as I guess is probably the case for most of the country.  I remember last year playing outside with the kids several times in the months of January and February, not this year.  When the weather has been nice, we have taken full advantage!

This was a recent Friday afternoon-Adam had just got back in town after being gone for the week.  Cooper rode his bike and Laney walked Lola.
 And this sweet blue eyed babe caught a ride in the Baby Bjorn.
 Oh that hair! 



And then just this week we got snow. Blah.  I hate winter, have I mentioned that ;)?  Cooper was over the moon ecstatic about the snow.  It came on a school day and the minute he got home, we bundled him up and out he went.  I snuck out for a few minutes to capture the moment then I was back in watching him from the window.
 He thought this inch of snow was incredible!   I can only imagine his reaction to the 12 inches in Kansas!
 He's rocking Dad's hat and gloves-we had to hold the gloves on using ponytail holders :).  You will find me scooping up some clearance snow gear for all my kids this Spring…pretty sure we are going to need more than this fleece coat next Winter in Kansas.
 Poor Laney was napping and missed all the snow fun.
 I had to get a picture of Piper in her first snow!  Adam was persuaded out of his office for just a bit by Cooper to come out and play so I bundled Piper up and we stepped out for a couple pics.

And as I type this, we are under a winter storm warning…awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment