Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas Eve 2013

Let's pretend it's not 2 weeks post Christmas and I am just now blogging about it, ok? ;)

This is the 1st year we have not traveled and instead celebrated Christmas with just our little family.  I can honestly say that I loved it and it didn't bother me one bit.  Adam lovingly refers to me as a recluse at comments like that, he was missing the hustle and bustle of our big family Christmas chaos.  I know this is probably the only year it will be like this and we had a pretty darn good reason to not be traveling this year ;).  We went to 4:00 Christmas mass at our church and underestimated the crowd.  Yowza, they were shuttling people from a parking lot down the street from church!  Needless to say we weren't early enough and were in a classroom watching it on a big screen…not exactly the same ambiance as church.
After church we went to Central Market to pick up dinner…actually I had to nurse Piper so Adam braved the store with both kids.  Not an easy job people.
 My sweet Christmas baby, she was 12 days old here.
 Our crazy Laney Faith who makes us laugh all.the.time!
 This handsome fella is growing up too fast, he looks so old here!
Love these kids!!!
 Selfie!  That is one of Laney's new words and I just adore how she says it, need to get it on video.  I was reading Christmas books to the kids (all of them!) before bed.
 Piper felt left out.
 The whole fam, even a bit of Lola's fur in the left hand corner.
 Going out to sprinkle the reindeer food he made at school.
 Feel the love!  Only in Texas do you go out with no coats and flip flops on Christmas Eve!

 We tracked Santa right before bed and 
 had a Christmas music dance party.
They were just a little bit excited ;).
The kids finally went to sleep and Mr. and Mrs. Claus and our tiny elf got to work.
This baby elf likes to be held a lot especially at night (more on that later :)).  Here we are making a french toast casserole together for Christmas morning.

It was a perfect Christmas Eve, my favorite day of the year (well, besides my birthday ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment