Thursday, May 26, 2011

Emily's Hope, Great Strides 2011

Just last month, I met a Mom in my mom's group whose daughter has cystic fibrosis, a rare lung disease that only affects 30,000 people in America. They were fundraising and establishing a team for the May 22nd Great Strides walk to help cure Cystic Fibrosis.  I watched this video and knew I wanted to help in some way.


Did you watch it...see what I mean?  So, a couple weeks ago I hosted a Stella and Dot trunk show at the Williams' home and donated all my profits back to Emily's hope.  From that 2 hour show, I was able to donate almost $400 to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation and was ecstatic to do so!  Just last weekend, Coop and I participated in the 3 mile walk in Arlington.  Events like these make you truly appreciate what you have and feel so blessed.  


 The walk started at Six Flags and went around Rangers and Cowboys stadium, great scenery!
 Cooper's favorite part...the little league baseball game we passed by.
 It was a hot morning, so this waterfall outside Cowboys stadium was a popular resting point.
Coop was a trooper and did so good!  It was great to be a part of something so inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment