Monday, November 15, 2010

1st Trip to Allen Fieldhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know where to begin, so pardon my rambling...

First of all, thanks to our friend Steve for the opportunity to sit in these AMAZING seats and be able to take Cooper to his first KU basketball game!  You'll notice one important person is missing...Dad!  Like always, he was busy working, making money so we get to do fun things like this.  I was shocked when he didn't mind I was taking Coop to Allen Fieldhouse without him, because let me tell you, over my dead body would they have gone without me!  I know that is selfish, but I have been waiting to do this since they put Cooper in my arms.  And yes, I know it was more for me than him at this point, but I can tell you, he LOVED it! :)

I will let the pictures tell the rest of the night!

Seriously, did I mention amazing seats!  I think this is why Coop stayed interested, we were right in the action!

With Grandma and Grandpa, he changed laps about every 10 minutes but made it through the whole game!
He was clapping with everyone (or 30 seconds after)!  To keep his attention, we kept asking where the ball was so he would have to search for it on the court or where the Jayhawk was, he had several to choose from!!!
I almost cropped this picture and so glad I didn't!  How can you not love this background!  For those that haven't been in Allen Fieldhouse, this mural is where the team runs thru to the court!
reading up on his Kansas Basketball history
How could we not get our picture taken here???  Those of you that know my KU basketball history will understand why. :)
Reading up on the Border War Rivalry, probably wondering what that animal is because tigers don't exist in our house.
Even Uncle Bryson and Rusty got to join us!
My dad and I spent countless nights at games here from my middle school years through college.  I wouldn't trade those memories in for nothing, we had the best time!  We saw amazing games, players, coaches from section 14A and loved every minute of it! 

Only bummer of the night...no picture with Big or Baby Jay!  Guess we have to go back!!!

Rock Chalk, it's going to be a great season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment