Sunday, February 7, 2016

Cooper William turns 6 and has his first day of Kindergarten!

Did you read that title?  Too many milestones in one day for this mom!  Seriously!  When I had Cooper on August 12th, I thought I had a Summer baby.  I never dreamed he would be in school on his birthday.  It's crazy, that's all, just crazy...and annoying.

So, yes - he turned 6 and started Kindergarten all in one day.  Of course, we made it super exciting..."who else gets to have their birthday on the first day of school?!"  He fell for it and was pumped!

His last night as a 5 year old and the night before the first day of Kindergarten!
I had to work and I think Adam was out of town in the morning so he opened just a couple presents.
This was the summer of Paw Patrol.

Grandma and/or Aunt Alli came over to baby-sit kids...I can't remember!
 I was able to come home from work to take him to school.  Funny story on his shirt.  I have always gotten him a birthday shirt...his age and whatever he's into at the time.  Well, things had been a bit crazy with the store opening less than 2 weeks before his birthday so I hadn't thought much about it and I thought he was probably too old for it.  Well, 2 days before his birthday he asked to see his birthday shirt, uh oh!  MommyShop came to the rescue and it was perfect!

He got a new backpack from Grandpa and Grandma and new shoes from Mamaw and Papaw.


A sister sandwich!
 The best part about our house...we can walk to school!!  And in less than 5 minutes!

 We stopped at every photo opportunity ;).  He's in afternoon Kindergarten so there was just 12 kiddos going to school at this time.


 His sweet teacher didn't forget about him in all the first day of school chaos.
At the table with his buddies from baseball and soccer.
 His teacher let me bring treats on the first day of school to celebrate!  Adam came to relieve me at work so I could celebrate at school with him and walk him home.

 I brought him home from school and went back to work.  My memory is failing me but I think Adam brought the kids up to have dinner at the store.  
 We celebrated one last time when I got home from work around 9.  He had requested brownies with red icing.
Happy 6th Birthday Cooper William!  We love you to the moon and back!



No comments:

Post a Comment