Sunday, February 21, 2016

Back to School for Laney Faith - 1st day of JrK!

Laney is in the JrK class at the same preschool the kids went to last year.  She goes M-Th in the afternoons.  I chose to put both of the big kids in afternoon this year.  All of us have the morning to hang out/go play/run errands and eat lunch together then we drop Laney off at noon and Coop off at 12:25.  Pippi and I come home and I put her down for a nap so Momma can get some work accomplished before picking Laney up at 3, then Coop at 3:35.
 Yes-this is how I let her go to back to school day!  Yikes!  She wanted to pick out her own outfit and apparently it wasn't a battle I was choosing to fight that day.
 We dropped off her school supplies and did a short scavenger hunt around the classroom to get her familiar with her new surroundings.  She was super shy, like she usually is in situations like this...very unlike herself at home.
 She was excited!

 It was sunny!
 Really sunny!


 All ready to learn!
She may only be at school for 3 hours but dropping her off was a big deal to me!
 M-Th afternoons are down to just me and this little lady.  She usually sleeps most of the time so unfortunately it's not great one on one quality time with her.
Laney had a great first day and has continued to have an awesome year, so thankful for loving teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment