Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Road Trip to San Antonio with a pit stop in Keller

One of the perks of Adam's job is that he travels to fun places and this time we got to join him!  He had a meeting at the Hyatt Regency Resort in San Antonio last week.  The resort is geared towards families and a couple other Alcon families were going.  I am going to get to Texas any chance I can get!

This post is dedicated to the road trip and phew, what a trip it was.  We left Saturday morning at 8:30 and before we were on the highway Laney was wanting out of her carseat.

 Leaving the driveway, everyone was happy!
 Laney asked for my phone so she could take selfies - Good Lord.
 I spent half of the 8 hour trip to Keller in the back between the girls, they were always needing something - specifically Laney.
 Laney does not dig car rides at all.  I mean, she was wanting out of her carseat before we got on the highway.  She would just scream,  "I waaaannnnntttt ouuuuuutttttt."  She wanted a snack every 15 minutes.  She wanted to sit on my lap or me to sit on hers…not sure where that came from.  She was very uncooperative.  Thank goodness for Adam because for the most part we just laughed it off.  Had I been alone, I would have been in tears.
 I think I ate half of this box during one of her major breakdowns.  Gosh they are good!
 This baby was pretty happy as long as we kept her belly full.
 This boy was a rockstar!  He can rock a road trip like no other.  He didn't once ask when we were going to be there or make a single complaint.  He played on the iPad, drew pictures, read books, played with his cars and asked Laney to please be quiet ;).
She sleeps!  It was a peaceful 25 minutes of the 8 hours :).  When we got to our hotel she kept saying, "I so happy to be in hotel."  We noticed Laney and so are we!


We met some friends at our hotel, met some friends for dinner at Mi Chulas - one of our old favorites.  Then we drove thru our old neighborhood and by our house.  
This is the entrance to our old neighborhood - Cooper always referred to it as Robin's house (as in Batman and Robin - his imaginary friend).  He said Robin wasn't living there anymore, he's in South America.  
It wouldn't be a trip to Keller without hitting up ice cream and shopping at Southlake Town Square!  Milwaukee Joe's was always Adam's favorite!
 Some things never change…the boys went to the Apple store and us girls went to the fountains.  Laney really wanted to put her feet in - I told her none of the other kids were so let's not do it.  She said, "you just not watch me mommy." Then she proceeded to put her feet in.
 It was a beautiful Texas night and it made me miss this place like crazy!  
 Look at those teeth!  And for the record, they are sharp - she likes to bite when she is nursing.
Ha!  Piper's hair blowing in the wind - Laney is dazed and confused.  

The next morning we climbed back into the car and headed south to San Antonio.  It was another rough 5 hours with Laney Faith.  But we made it safe and sound - more on San Antonio soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment