Thursday, November 10, 2011

Colored Rice

Well, I have discovered Pinterest and have fallen in love!  I can't tell you how many times I have found a great idea online and weeks/months later searching for it again only to never find it!  Pinterest is perfect and a great activity to do while nursing late at night.  There are basically a million ideas I would like to do, but am just on idea #1, see it here.  I thought this colored rice would be perfect for Cooper to drive his trucks in and use his diggers and dump trucks.  He had so much fun making it with me even though it was sooo simple.   I only had 2 food colors, (where did the rest go?) so we did green and yellow.  We made in the morning and I told Cooper the rice had to dry and we would play after nap.  The first thing he said after nap was, "go in garage and play colored rice."  He thought it was the greatest thing he had ever played with, for 30 minutes anyway.  

A fun DIY activity and so easy!
You will be happy to know that poor shaggy shih tzu finally got groomed today (after taking her sedatives to calm the nerves, but that is another post).  She had to go back inside soon after this pic because she kept eating the rice.


So, the only way I got this half smile was to get him singing, "baby, baby, baby, oh"  We have some serious Bieber Fever in this house.  I even asked Adam to buy his Christmas album on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment