Saturday, September 3, 2011

Laney's First Bath

One of the changes at our hospital since Cooper was born is that they give the babies their first bath in the room with parents.  I clearly remember with Coop watching through the nursery window glass in a wheelchair (my epidural hadn't worn off yet).  This was so much better!  We were settled in our postpartum room, everyone had left, it was just us and I could watch from the comfort of my hospital bed just a few feet away.  The nurse brought in the tub they bathe the babies in and laughed when she saw Laney because she knew she wouldn't fit ;), apparently the tub wasn't meant for babies over 9 lbs and 23 inches long.  So, Laney was bathed in her hospital crib/bassinet.  The nurse also said she was going to be a "4 shampooer" with all that hair!  I loved that the sweet nurse, a grandma herself, called Laney Momma while bathing her.  Laney was pretty content, whimpered a little bit while washing her hair, but really let loose for the footprints...she had enough!

 I remember looking over at her here and thinking...I can't believe that baby was in my belly just a few hours ago...she's huge!

That sweet nurse had her all wrapped up perfectly! Happy to report that "forehead hair" is disappearing day by day ;).
I have loved having both of my babies in the evening, everyone gets to be there and hang out with us and the new baby for a bit.  Then baby gets a bath and Adam and I really get to take them in and realize how lucky we are to be blessed with a healthy baby.  It really is such an amazing process!  
Of course we had to get her out of that boring hospital hat and into something more "us."  She looks pretty good in those letters, huh?  

Another change in our hospital...they encourage "rooming in," meaning baby is with you 23 out of 24 hours a day.  My first thought...no way!!  This baby is sleeping in the nursery!  However, I thought I would try it and we did pretty good.  The nursery nurse came in to check on her at 3:00 and I sent her for a few hours.  Honestly, I don't remember the second night!  I definitely slept better with her in our room than with Cooper, I remember constantly checking on him to make sure he was breathing ;).  

3 comments:

  1. such a sweet p---y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yah, the things i would love to do to herpussy while she sucks me

      Delete