Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of PreSchool

Can't believe it, Cooper started preschool this week!  Interesting to me how different states vary on the idea of preschool.  When we moved down here in January, I felt like every other person was asking me if Cooper was starting preschool in the Fall...the Fall?  It was only January!  And the thought hadn't crossed my mind-as a last minute person, I wouldn't have thought about it until May!  I feel like back in KS and MO, it is more of a Mother's Day out at this age and usually only for a couple hours.

Knowing there was going to be a new baby in August, I thought it would be perfect timing for Cooper to start preschool.  He goes just 2 days a week from 9-2.  I really love the church/school (just walking through made me want to work there!), the staff, and it's conveniently located just minutes from our house.  Our friends, the Fimmens, go there as well and Meghan and Cooper are in the same class!  

Cooper had meet the teacher day on Tuesday.  Kids go to their classrooms for just an hour while the parents attend an informational meeting.  We had really talked up school and went shopping for new shoes the day before.  Cooper was in a great mood that morning and excited to go to school.  However, as soon as we walked in the building doors, he turned to Adam and I and said, "let's go back home and to bed." :)  When we got to his classroom, he took off running down the hall and was crying.  Adam corralled him back and we made a quick drop off in his classroom.  He was crying when we left and as hard as it was, we knew he would be just fine and us hanging around was only going to make it worse.  Sure enough, when we came back he was happily playing!

Thursday was the first full day!  I was prepared for tears, but was pleasantly surprised.  When we got to class, he walked right in and didn't turn back!  I had to go tell him goodbye and ask for a kiss!  When I picked him up at 2, he had just woke up from nap and was upset I wasn't there, so he was crying.  He quickly recovered and talked my ear off for the car ride.  We are so excited for him and can't wait to share stories and pictures from preschool!

 Love the traditional first day of school pics :)

 love, love, love this sweet face!

 He is in the ladybugs class!  And yep, there is another Cooper in his class, hence the "J."  There is also a Laney in his class!  
We tried to get some pics of him in his class, but it was pure chaos!!!  Man, our little boy is growing up so fast!!!  

Now, if I could stop staring at and cuddling this face, I might get something accomplished in the hours he is at school!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment