Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Gloomy July Day Activities

The day after my birthday we had to take my car to the shop because a couple service lights kept coming on.  My mom met us there to loan us her car for the day.
We decided to drive south for some doughnuts...the very best doughnuts!

We had found mice in our garage back in February.  We cleaned it out and got rid of them.  I took my car in because I had random service lights going on/off.  My mechanic sent me this picture...that my friends is a mouse nest that was under my engine!!!!!  What?!?!  Even the mechanic couldn't believe it!  That is a huge fire hazard!  I feel lucky that my car stayed safe and that no mice ran under my feet while I was driving...eeeekkkk!
 Later that day it continued to rain so we went to the library to pick up some new books.  Piper likes to go to the library, talk really LOUD and pull all the books off the shelf, the opposite of appropriate library behavior.  This is her on the floor throwing a fit when I told her to stop throwing books.
She loves this horse at the library, he cheered her right up!
 The same rainy day, we found some boxes and the kids spent hours decorating and playing in them. Gosh I love the simplicity of these kids sometimes!
 They wanted to eat lunch in their boxes :).  Now that I am thinking about it, I think I already blogged about this...oh well, here it is again.
 One of our favorite books is The Day the Crayons Quit.  It would make a great Christmas gift if you have little ones in your home.  I can't find the link now but a blog I follow had some activities to go along with it.  We watched a YouTube video from Mister Rogers - it was all about how crayons were made.
Then we did lots of painting and coloring with different things.  
The girls and I spent a rainy Friday evening at a baby shower for a good family friend.  

And that's a wrap on gloomy July days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment