Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Double Birthday Party for our August Babies!

I love celebrating birthdays and hate that we squeeze our 2 kids in the same month!  Wish we could spread it out more...it's like Christmas in August around our house right now.  Poor baby #3 is going to be like "what the ???" when August rolls around each year and he/she is left out.  Cooper turned 4 yesterday, much more on his big day coming up!  Doodles turns 2 in 10 days.
I am so thankful that Cooper is clueless that his preschool friends have had some big and creative birthday parties to celebrate turning 4 because this momma isn't ready for that yet.  He had 2 requests, he wanted a Batman party (which just means let the kid pick out some cheesy decor from Party City) and a piñata...easy enough.  Well, with Laney turning 2 just a couple weeks later, I really couldn't stand the thought of 2 separate parties so we combined them and it was perfect (in my mind)!  Laney can't tell you how old she is going to be but she knew she wanted a Minnie Mouse party.  So I sent a last minute email out to our friends that have kids Coop and Laney's age to invite them to our house for dinner and cake.  Adam wanted to know what games I had planned for the kids...who did he think he was married to???  I didn't have any games planned...our house is full of toys, play away kids!  So that was it...we served dinner, kids played inside/outside, they demolished the piñata and cake, and presents were torn in to.   It was perfect.

 I learned quickly that gifts on the floor weren't going to work...too many curious kids ;).  That banner is our August mantle decor.
 Some of the cute girls...there were lots of them!
 The only 4 boys!
 We made Minnie Mouse cupcakes for Laney and
 a makeshift cake.  It was this cake with my mom's icing and a Minnie decoration thrown on top.  Cake was freakin' delicious!  
 Coop's tradition is a cookie cake because that's my favorite :).  I am certain I took down at least 1/4 if not 1/2 of that cake myself in the last 3 days.  
Last year he and his dad had buzz cuts, these year the look is long...can't keep up with these two, see them here.
 This year he was all smiles while being sang to!
 Oh Laney, would it kill you to smile?  Even a ridiculous smile like your brothers?  And her hair looked way cuter before playing in the water table and sweating buckets outside. :(
 She's 2...what?!  Girl was not letting go of that candy cup from the pinata. 
 She was all smiles during the Happy Birthday song!  Rarely capture that smile!
 Big brother stepped in to help and she didn't mind one bit.
 All she really wanted was those suckers.
 Doodles and her friend Emma chatting over dessert.

 All done!


 They loved that Batman piñata!
 We let him have the final swings and with his tee ball bat...the kid was serious!

 Candy chaos!!!


 Suckers in the rug...awesome!
 #1 mistake...letting the kids run the present opening.  I think I only got 1/2 of the presents wrote down, not sure what I am going to do about Thank You notes...oops.
 He was on cloud 9!
 She has taken quite the liking to Dora lately, now obsessed with this pillow!
 Kisses!
 Her first nightgown from the Fimmens and it was Minnie!
 Loves her new princesses.
 See that, he's 4!  And I had him in a much cuter birthday outfit which he proceeded to soak with water so this is what he ended up in...at least it was still Batman.
 The kid crew minus 3 that left before I got the picture.  



 Laney completely soaked her dress for the 2nd time and ended the night in her bows and diaper.  The kids got these chairs and loved them, Laney's was Dora and Coop's was Jake.
 I can tell you this party never would have been possible without Grandma and Grandpa here!  I was able to grocery shop, cake order/pickup, cook, bake, clean all kid-free.  I actually really enjoyed it all!
 After everyone left he said, "Mom, I am going to line up my new guys so you can take a picture."  Not sure how/why Elmo was included.
 And then everyone got a pic with the birthday boy.  It started with Grandpa and then he called the rest of us over one by one...

He caught Dad right before he went to bed...yep, Cooper is known to outlast his Dad at bedtime.  He's a night owl like me ;).
  I actually had to beg for my picture!

It was a great kick off to our birthday kids and their month!

1 comment:

  1. Such fun photos! You made me feel better about having zero, zilch, nada yet planned for Tyler's birthday next month. He has only told me he wants a HAPPY birthday party with hats and cupcakes...sounds easy enough. Your kiddos are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete