Thursday, August 22, 2013

Crafternoons!

I have been incorporating some crafts into our afternoons since (besides last week) it is still h-o-t!  Unless we are at the pool, we are inside for the afternoon.  Thought I would document for my personal reference (you're welcome baby #3) and share with you all, these are all super simple and FUN!
 I subscribe to Paging Supermom, a blog all about activities for kids.  Not all apply to my kids' ages but this one was awesome!  The direct link is here, http://pagingsupermom.com/2013/03/diy-balloon-goldfish-craft/ .  
 The kids watched a short (like 3 min) video and then we made this fish balloons.   It was fun but they had them deconstructed in about 2 minutes ;).
 We made some slime from this recipe, http://lilluna.com/homemade-gak-recipe/.  It was super easy to make.
On the original post, the blogger said her kids played hours with theirs...Cooper played with his for about 30 minutes the first day and only once since.
 This one is pretty simple, marble painting.  Laney was not a fan.  She wanted to pick the marbles up and play with them...definitely didn't get the idea of rolling the marbles to paint.
He loved it!  Forgot to get a pic of the finished product.
 Ok-this isn't really crafting but my kids love it.  We have a roll of paper on our easel.  I just pull a big strip off and give them different materials each time.  Sometimes they get stickers, stamps, markers.  
This day I pulled out the dotters I got from the dollar store...they were definitely dollar store quality.  They didn't exactly dot, more like scatter and took forever to dry which means it was everywhere.  Hence why Laney is stripped down to a diaper. 

I am just loving that the kids are both (well, almost) at ages to do some of these fun, productive activities! I have said it before...I can only play kitchen and super heroes for so many hours in one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment