Monday, August 26, 2013

Laney's 2nd Birthday 8-24-13

**side note...my MacBook crashed today :(.  The kids and I (always fun, not) ventured to the Apple Store today (how and why is that place always so crazy busy!).  A few hours and hundred dollars later, I have a new hard drive and battery which means I basically have a new computer.  Good and Bad, end of story.**

Our one and only Laney Faith turned 2 last Saturday. 
I know it's totally blurry but it's the best I could get on my phone.  Here's my 1 year old in her last hours of sleep before waking up a 2 year old.  Have I blogged about her stuffed animal hoarding?  She's getting awful big in that crib but it makes me tired just thinking about moving her to a big girl bed.
 She was up bright and early at 7 and was surprised to see her brother sleeping on our floor.  (He came down scared sometime in the middle of the night....too tired to walk him back up.
She curled up with her big bro for about 2 minutes before moving on.
 We had her traditional cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  I made this recipe, but will go back to my original recipe here next year.
 Showing off her breakfast
 We got dressed and opened her gifts from Dad, Coop and I before our adventure for the day.
 Just the reaction I had expected, so happy!
She loves her Mickey and Minnie!  I must really love you Laney Faith because I despise stuffed animals!!!!  I knew how happy these 2 characters would make you and they haven't been a disappointment!
 She rarely puts Mickey and Minnie down!  We spent the morning at Fossil Rim but that adventure deserves a post of its own, coming soon!  She was on the phone chatting with birthday well wishers when she wasn't chatting with Mickey and Minnie.
 We got back home around 3 and spent the next couple hours facetiming family and opening gifts.  She was so super excited to open her presents this year, it was awesome.  
Ugh, thought this was a video and not a picture!  He was saying, "oh, ooohhhh, oh."  It was so cute!  She got lots of princess and Dora stuff, yay for more girly stuff in our house!  
 We went out to dinner and came home to sing Happy Birthday to our princess and eat cake!
 Think she loved us singing to her?  I made this bundt cake (it was delish!) and she picked out the hot pink icing at the grocery store.
 Oh Laney Faith, we adore you and can't imagine life without you in it!

It was another awesome day celebrating a birthday for our kids!  Laney seemed to love it all :).

Happy 2nd Birthday to our Doodles, we love you to the moon and back!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures of Laney looking at Cooper sleeping. She definitely ADORES him! Happy Birthday Laney Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Maggie..
    The two of them have been adorable in their interactions on camera lately. Let's not forget the one where Cooper asked Laney if she'd marry him someday.
    ADORABLE!
    Happy birthday again Laney!

    ReplyDelete