Thursday, August 1, 2013

20 Weeks!

I am officially 1/2 way thru this pregnancy, which means we are just 20 weeks away from meeting the newest member of our family!!!  Does it get more exciting than that???  

Feeling good at 20 weeks, really can't complain.  I am sleeping good, have plenty of energy (obviously since the majority of my posts are close to midnight), and am not having any crazy symptoms/issues.  Of course I would love a cold beer (or 3) next to the pool :) and I do miss my champagne!  

We got to see baby #3 at our big ultrasound last week.  Love this image the sonographer caught!  Before we went in I was talking to Cooper about it and how funny it would be if this baby was already sucking it's thumb!  Well, guess what?  This baby put its hand in its mouth and we clearly saw it!!!  Cooper thought that was fun, other than that the kids weren't too impressed.  Laney did not like me laying on the table and Cooper seemed confused by it all...why wouldn't he be though?!  At this sonogram for each of the kids, I always go in a bit anxious.  As much as I love it, I am half holding my breath until she names all the body parts and says, "it all looks good!"  So far we have been so blessed to have healthy and happy ultrasounds and I don't take that for granted one tiny bit!

We made it very clear to the sonographer that we didn't want to know the sex and to stay away from that region.  It turns out this baby wanted to stay a surprise anyway, she said its legs were closed tightly and she would have to work really hard to find out sex.  Afterwards Adam asked her if she knew...it really kills him when the sonographer knows and he doesn't, even though he really doesn't want to know.  She said she didn't even try to see since we weren't interested and she doesn't put it in the file for the doc so it really doesn't matter.  Honestly, we had zero desire to know the sex.  The thought of knowing stresses me out...that would mean I would have to plan ahead and we all know I am not good at that!

Here I am in all my 20 week glory.  I hate that this is the first belly pic I have taken with this pregnancy!  :(  Trying something different with the chalkboard this time (thanks Maggie for the inspiration).  I haven't told my doctor about my fountain Coke craving :).  No other real cravings except for the typical...dessert.  I don't go a day without it, we are going thru a lot of ice cream in this house lately!

As for gender guess, Ad and I both think BOY.  My pregnancy is much similar to Coopers than mine with Laney.  And our families and friends are on a girl roll, we figure the trend has to thrown at some point!  Cooper is sure it's a boy and has named him Colton :).

2 comments:

  1. You look great, Ashley! The baby sonogram pic is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing Ash!!! Can't wait for another dark hair, dark skin Jones to join the group!! :)

    ReplyDelete