Monday, October 13, 2014

Let's hear it for your Kansas City Royals!!!!!!!!!

I started this post on September 30 but am just getting around to finishing and posting tonight.  A lot has happened in those almost 2 weeks!  
People!!  The KC Royals are in the ALCS!  It's the first time we have been in the playoffs since 1985!  I was 4!  And not only are we in the ALCS but we are rockin' baseball right now!  They are so fun to watch and have captured America's heart (pretty sure I stole that from an article I read today ;)).  But really, who's not pulling for this team??!!  It is so darn exciting and I do not consider myself a baseball fan.  I will always root for the Royals no matter what the standings say but I don't watch them on TV or read up on them.  
It all started with the wild card game.  I hyped it up with Cooper and let him stay up late to watch most of it.  We had so much fun watching that game together!  
 He dressed in all blue pjs for the Royals.  He was totally into it, jumping up and down with exciting plays.
I was laying in bed with Laney while he watched the game.  When I was walking her down the hall he said, "don't worry Mom, I will come tell you if anything big happens."  A couple minutes later he walks in and with his hand over his heart he says, "I have really bad news, the game is tied."  He comes in a few minutes later and says, "How is this possible that the bad team now has 5?!?!"  
We were totally on edge!  It was so fun to teach him about the game - he loves sports and wants to know all about each player and how the game works.  He has watched every game since and has stayed up entirely too late too many nights!!!
 This is what happens when your Dad travels for work and Mom has all the baseball influence for the week…ha, ha, ha!
We are cheering on the Royals with everything we got!  

For the record, Adam (STL Cardinals fan) is taking this quite well.  He is cheering for the Royals too…hello I-70 series!  We don't have him in a Royals shirt yet though ;).  He sticks Cooper's Cardinal hat on him any chance he gets.  And if that I-70 series does happen, the kids and I will probably be living at my parents' house for week.  Kidding.  Not really.  And Cooper will be torn and very confused and probably get whatever he wants because the bribery will be in full swing between Adam and I getting him to root for the Royals vs the Cardinals!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment