Thursday, October 2, 2014

Apple Picking

Apple picking was #1 on my Fall must do list since we had never done it before.  My friend Jenny recommended the Weston Red Barn Farm and it didn't disappoint.  I picked up the kids from school a week ago today, drove thru Chick-Fil-A and hit the road.  It was about 45 minutes from home so I hoped they would all take a nap on the way there, mission accomplished.  
We got there just as the school field trips were leaving so there weren't many people there.  In fact, we were the only ones picking on our area of trees.
 The kids each got their own basket and Coop was all about it.

 My mom met us there with Gunner and Landree.  The kids did lots of running and talking.

 Lots of great apples.

 The barns in the distance held animals that you could go and see.
 She thought the chickens were funny.



 These sweet babies were so good!  
It was a beautiful afternoon, we were sweating buckets but I will take that anyday over the cold.  We came home with a lot of apples.  I have made applesauce with them and the kids made mini apple pies with my mom tonight…yum!  It was a fun Fall afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment