Sunday, June 23, 2013

Our Sunday

Minus a 24 hour pit stop back home, Adam has been gone since Sunday and arrived home today.  Amen, Alleluia.  Cooper had a random fever and headache a few days this week so we were stuck at home.  I think we played with every toy we own this week! 

Today we got outside, despite the blazin' temps!  After breakfast, the kids and I walked Lola and then spent the rest of the morning in the backyard.
 Coop practiced his golf and then we brought out the tee for some batting practice.  Adam got this to practice his swing and he was so excited to try it out with Cooper.
 We were playing Power Rangers out back and Coop had a sword.  Not to be outdone by her brother, Laney disappeared in the house and came back out in this.  The bunny ear wearing, sword yielding Power Ranger.
 We quickly turned from Power Rangers to taking care of babies.  I was in charge of getting their babies to sleep ;).
 Adam got home at lunch.   After naps he took to the kids to the pool to give me an hour to myself, thank you Adam!  I cleaned our office...somehow the floor had disappeared in the last couple months.  Guess who had something to do with that, her name starts with L and she has 2 legs not 4.
 Adam is an awesome pool parent, much better than I.  In fact he is the only one who has actually taken them to the pool this summer!  

 I picked up pizza for dinner and took it to them at the pool.  In fact I think this should be a new Sunday evening tradition! Dad takes kids to pool, Mom cleans for an hour and picks up pizza for dinner to eat poolside.  Sounds perfect, right?
We feel swimming lessons has officially paid off.  He has much more confidence in the water, which was our number 1 goal...last year he was a serious clinger.

Here's the main exhibit on his confidence.  I really couldn't believe it!  If you have seen him in the pool, you will know what I mean.

This on the other hand didn't surprise me one bit!  This girl doesn't have much fear.

Hope you all had a good Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment