Saturday, June 22, 2013

More Backyard Summer Fun!

Have I mentioned how much I love our backyard since we expanded our patio??  ;)  Best decision ever.  
We have spent many hours out there despite the high temps.  I am so happy my kids are not to an age yet where they ask to go to the pool.  Is that bad?  Ugh, it's just that putting sunscreen on them is like putting it on wild pigs and it's all for about an hour at the pool.  And let's face it, I am petrified to be in a swimsuit.  So, I am ecstatic that they are just as content with the baby pool in the backyard with some toys and popsicles.

 One day Cooper requested the sprinkler after naps...easy enough.  However, once I got that sucker going, neither one of them was so sure about it.  They were glued to my leg for a bit.  Sister warmed up and this may just be one of my favorite pics of her!
 He wanted to run thru that sprinkler and just try it out so bad.  Especially after seeing his sister having fun.  But he just couldn't muster up the courage to do it.  
It's Summer time so our freezer always  has popsicles!
 Laney still hasn't figured out this whole popsicle thing.  She would drop it in the water, play a bit and then pick it back up. 


I told them I would add bubbles to it next week, it was like I promised them ipads. :)

Another sign it's getting hot here, lazy squirrels.  This guy kept us entertained, he laid there for quite a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment