Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Crib Escapee

We had a feeling this was going to happen with our wild second child but we didn't think it would happen so soon!  Girlfriend has never been a fan of naps or bedtime in general.  She usually puts up a fight and doesn't sleep for long...very unlike her brother.  He has sleeping habits of a teenager.  
Not sure what put Laney Faith over the edge today??  About 10 minutes after I put her down I heard some sort of thump but I knew Cooper had took books to bed.  I figured he was tossing his books down.  Then, I noticed that Laney's cry didn't seem to be coming from her crib so I grabbed the monitor...no baby in that crib!  So, I do what any great mom would do...I grab my camera and run upstairs.
 This is what greets me.
Luckily she was fine but definitely upset.  
 Crawling out of your crib is one way to get your mom to rock you to sleep.  
 She napped successfully.  After nap I was quizzing her about the escape.  She got a big pouty lip and covered her face with one of the gazillion loveys she demands in her crib.
 She got over it.  2 minutes later she proudly reenacted her escape for me.
This is too soon.  We had zero plans to move her out of this crib anytime soon...I guess time is going to tell on this one.  I will keep you posted...feel free to comment with any tips to keep mini godzilla in her cage.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! And I thou it was too early with Ashley this week! We are in the same boat momma!!

    ReplyDelete