Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Road Trip to Texas

When we moved from Texas just a little over a year ago and when we left, I made Adam promise me that we would visit a couple times a year.  This was our 3rd trip back so I think we are doing good on that promise :).  
Adam was headed to Keller/Southlake for work the week before Easter so the kids and I tagged along!  It was such a good trip, it was all so natural, that place still feels like home.  Cooper had so many memories, it was awesome to drive by and talk about all our memories.
 Adam's parents got Laney this headphones for Christmas and they are such a blessing on car rides with this darling 3 year old.
I took over driving for a while so that meant Adam was in the middle seat between Doodles and Pippi.  Piper is still rear facing so after a while, she wants someone to talk to, can't blame her!
 A friend in Texas asked how the kids did in the car...it's the same response everytime.  Cooper was incredible...the girls, not so much.  Seriously, I think we could all get out of the car for lunch and Cooper wouldn't know we were gone.  I made him spell his name and answer some other questions when we arrived to make sure he didn't kill all his brain cells on the iPad ;).
 We arrived at dinnertime and went straight to Central Market.  One of my faves and a playground so the kids could run around.  My favorite salad did not disappoint.
 I have many family pictures on this bench outside Milwaukee Joe's - ice cream for everyone but Pippi, she has an apple.
 Right about now I think he was wondering why he agreed to take us all along on his work trip.
 All of this and the 5 of us were headed to one hotel room!
 One hotel room calls for interesting sleeping spots.  Piper was in the pack n play, we put a blanket over it when we still had the lights on.  She did so so good!  
 Story time after hotel baths.  I don't get grossed out by much but hotel baths just about do me in...and then Piper pooped while I was bathing the girls...icing on the cake.
 The next morning we went to visit our dear friends, the Fimmen family.  I didn't take one picture! :(  After that we drove past our house a few times and thru the neighborhood.  It all looks exactly the same.  Then we headed to our favorite park.
 I had both Cooper and Laney on this little playground and it seems like yesterday.

 While I chased Pippi around, the big kids were having a blast!
 When we left Texas he was still a bit hesitant on the big slides...not anymore!


 We went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch...yum, yum, yum!!!!

 After lunch it was back to the hotel for naps.  Pippi napped and the kids watched a movie in their pull out couch bed.
 With 5 minutes left in the movie, she fell asleep.  That night I had a Stella & Dot show so the kids had some fun with Dad.  


 The next morning we had to hit up GAP for some shorts...it was hot!  And they talked me to sunglasses.  Look at the length of their shorts...think that is foreshadowing??
 This fountain was one of our favorite spots to visit in the outdoor shopping center.  Laney hopped up and put her feet in like we are here everyday.


 We went to another favorite place for lunch-Mi Chulas!  
 Then it was back to the hotel for naps again.  I sent these pictures to Adam and said...I feel pretty good when I get all 3 to nap at the same time at home.  To get them to all nap in the same hotel room...I feel like I have properly sleep trained them, routines pay off!

 Those babies slept for a solid 2 1/2 hours before we were up and headed to visit some more of our favorite friends.   The kids played outside for hours while the moms caught up on life.
 It was a good thing I bought the kids shorts!
 She had to shed her pants!  This is the only picture I got from this playdate, boo.  It was so great to see the kids just jump back in with their buddies.
 We played until well past dinnertime so we drove thru our old stomping grounds, Chick Fil A and ate in hotel room.  Laney was pantless because she chose to sit in the sandbox and was covered in sand.  If you know Laney well, imagine her in a sandbox...intense.
 She cracks me up!

 Not to be outdone in the inappropriate department.
 After just a couple days, it was time to pack up and head home.
 I stopped for breakfast at one of my fave places.
 Let's rock this car ride!  Oh wait, she has to pee 30 minutes into the drive home.
 Yep, this happened on the side of the road.  Cleaner than a gas station, right??
 She was big into winking at me on this trip.


 He has been an ideal road tripper from a very early age.

We made it home Wednesday night.  Just in time to unpack, do laundry and repack so we could leave for Wash, MO on Friday for Easter!

7 comments:

  1. Heb je je dochter's spleetje goed droog gemaakt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love to lick her clean after she peed

      Delete
    2. u have ione I canmolest?

      Delete
    3. So wish I was a that spot of grass water me little girl my mouth is wide open

      Delete
  2. #new k!ds xxx
    https://honqssve.rs/invite/i=12492

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://koorasep.de/invite/i=11232
    #best all new and free kid videos
    https://awwuwhd.ws/invite/i=82716

    ReplyDelete